Client update- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
We write to update you on the current COVID-19 pandemic – We are still fully operational across the UK
Our dedicated COVID-19 working group meets daily and reports to our Executive Board, continually assessing our business continuity readiness and monitoring the latest UK Government advice, enabling us to react swiftly to any change in policy.
We remain committed to the continued safe and successful delivery of our projects. To allow us to continue delivering as many projects as possible, we have taken the necessary precautions to enable our staff to continue working safely, whether that’s working from home, or ensuring our key workers are safe, in line with government guidelines.
We are also coming to terms with the reality that we’re all going to be at home more often than usual in the coming weeks, so we want to take this opportunity to reassure our clients that the priority remains delivering a service you can rely on. Our Delivery teams are still fully operational across the UK, therefore please see below regional contacts should you have any questions regarding site works;
Keith Robertson, Regional Manager North email@example.com
Ben Hamilton, Programme Manager Central & South firstname.lastname@example.org
Roy Hill, Senior Project Manager Civils email@example.com
In addition, our Estimating and Bid team are working their usual week from home, again with twice daily video calls to stay in touch. The team is continuing to tender and submit prices as usual to clients. Should you have any enquiries please do not hesitate to contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for any business development queries.
We also want to take this opportunity to share with you the details of the three priorities at the heart of our own strategy in response to this pandemic and in keeping business as usual.
- Keeping our sites across the country running and the schemes on track
We know how important the schemes we deliver and the infrastructure we operate and maintain for our customers are to the national and local economies and to keeping the country moving. At the moment, all of our sites in the UK remain open and fully operational. Our workforce is passionate about the work we do and will make every effort to ensure that our work can continue, although we will of course never put them or our partners at risk.
- Ensuring the health and wellbeing of our workforce
Stobart Rail & Civils is a people-centred business and we make every effort to ensure the health, safety and wellbeing of our workforce. During this period, when we know some of them may contract COVID-19, have to self-isolate and will be concerned about the impact on them and their families, we have a Crisis Management Team chaired by our Managing Director and a business wide steering group and strategy in place to enable us to react quickly and safeguard our workforce community. Where our employees can fulfil their roles from home, we have advised that they do so. We have also shared clear guidance around self-isolation, social distancing, meetings, travel, attendance at events, receiving external visitors to our sites and offices and hygiene. We are communicating regularly with our employees, ensuring that they have the advice and support they need. In doing so, we are sticking closely to UK Government and Public Health England guidance, but are supplementing this with our own additional measures and advice.
- Business continuity
To further reassure you of our specific approach to business continuity in these unprecedented times:
- We have a business wide Working Group in place exploring all aspects of the impact and potential impact of COVIS-19 on our business
- We are preparing for potential, future eventualities in light of COVID-19 so that we can respond swiftly should the current situation evolve
- All our projects have business continuity arrangements in place
- Our finance team which is responsible for the processing of all payments has implemented its business continuity plan and through electronic invoicing and electronic approvals we are striving to pay our supply chain in a timely manner
- We have undergone a thorough test of our IT systems to ensure that those employees working from home are fully able to do so with minimal disruption to business as usual. As part of our business continuity plans, we have back-up procedures in place
- We are communicating with our employees with the latest advice and guidance and additional measures that Stobart Rail & Civils is taking to protect our business.