- Fully remote control SPJT
- Removes the element of jacking and packing the track by manual labour
- Removes manual labour from a risk environment reducing fatigue
- Cant & Slew capabilities – there is no other machine of this size capable of carrying out the combined works
- S&C capability
- Can be towed to site using suitable OTP
- Can be used independently (as well as combined with the complete re-ballasting concept developed by Stobart Rail & Civils)
- ALC Compatibility under development
It is fitted with twin Kinshofer tamping banks (four tools each) these can be moved laterally and used independently to achieve access between the various obstructions within S&C and plain line.
The lift frame is fitted with clamps which can lift off the rail head using a 50 tonne lift and slew ram with capabilities of 150mm lift and 100mm slew. The machine is compliant in accordance with RIS-1530-PLT Issue 5.
- Machine type – Tamper/RMMM. Stobart Rail Self Propelled Jack & Tamping Unit
- Fleet number – W181
- Height – 2325mm
- Width – 2305mm
- Length – 3095mm
- Weight – 4380kg