Delivered by road, the tamper can be quickly transported to most locations within the network, mounted on track, and ready to work within an hour of arrival time.
Four tamping banks (four tools each) can be moved laterally to achieve access between the various obstructions within S&C. Lift frames are fitted with hooks which can lift from the rail head or railfoot in areas of S&C, and have roller clamps when operating on Plain line.
The machine is fitted with a fully re-furbished ALC computerised lifting and lining system, which enables leveling and alignment of track to pre-determined designs or calculated improvement following an on-site measurement run. The Plasser 08-16/90ZW S&C Tamper machine is POS compliant in accordance with RIS-1530-PLT Issue 6.
- Fully refurbished Plasser 08 Tamper (by OEM)
- Road deliverable (most current machines are transported by rail)
- S&C & Third Rail Compliant
- ALC Control
- Machine type – Plasser 08-16/90 ZW S&C
- Fleet number – W186
- Height: On Trailer – 4.50m/14’ 10” (Note Transport Bridge Heights)
- Height: On/Off Tracking – 4.75m/15’ 8” (Physical clearance with machine on jack legs not isolation clearance)
- Height: Rail Mode – 3.66m
- Width: Transit – 2.7m Compliant with W6a
- Width: Work – 3.1m at extremes of tamping bank motors
- Length: Overall – 14.9m
- Length: Wheel Base – 9m
- Weight – 42,000kg